Travel to Edinburgh City Centre & No 53 Frederick Street
Edinburgh Airport is located 8 miles (13 km) west of the Edinburgh City Centre.
To and from Edinburgh Airport:
Airport Express Bus Service (no. 100)
This express bus service runs from Edinburgh Airport to Waverley Bridge (near Princes Street and the main rail and bus stations) in Edinburgh City Centre.
Buy tickets in advance online, from the VisitScotland desk by UK Arrivals in the airport, at the bus stop, or from the driver
- Frequency: Every 10 minutes.
- Journey time: 25 minutes approximately to Edinburgh City Centre (Princes Street Stop).
- Closest Stop: No 53 Frederick Street B&B is close to Princes Street, just a couple of minutes walk.
- Fare: Single £4.50, return £7.50 (reductions for children).
The Edinburgh Airport Taxi rank is located in the ground level of the carpark outside the main Airport entrance.
- Journey time: 25 minutes to Edinburgh City Centre.
- Fare: £18.00-£22.00
The Tram service runs from Edinburgh Airport to York Place in in Edinburgh City Centre (near Princes Street and the main rail and bus stations). Buy your ticket before you board.
Every tram stop has ticket vending machines where you can buy Single, Return and DAYtickets.
- Frequency: Every 8-10 minutes.
- Journey time: 30 minutes approximately to Edinburgh City Centre (Princes Street stop).
- Closest Stop: to No 53 Frederick Street is Princes Street, just a couple of minutes walk.
- Fare: Single £6.00, return £8.50 (reductions for children).
- (6 minute walk to No 53).
By Train – 2 main train stations:
- Waverley: is located in Edinburgh City Centre between the Old and New Town. This is Edinburgh’s Main Station and closest to No 53 Frederick Street, Edinburgh B&B. Approx 12 minute walk to No 53.
- Haymarket: Located approximately 1 mile west of Edinburgh City Centre and ideal for travelling to places in the west of the city e.g. Murrayfield Rugby Stadium. Approx 25 minute walk to No 53.
By Coach or Bus
The main coach station is St Andrew’s located on St Andrew Square and is within walking distance of George Street, Princes Street and Waverley train station. No 53 is a 5 minute walk from the main bus stop.